Derrik Tollefson Ph.D., LCSW - Therapist
AVW Staff -
- PhD in Social Work (SW) from the University of Utah
- Utah State University (B.S.)
- MSW from University of Denver
- Have taught practice and research methods courses at the graduate and undergraduate levels
Professional Work Experience:
- Clinical experience in domestic violence, alcohol and drug, and troubled youth.
- University of Utah part-time faculty member at the College of Social Work; adjunct faculty member at Utah State University; teaches courses in child abuse and neglect, research methods, and social work practice.
- Extensive experience working with youth as a counselor, coach, leader, and mentor.
Although I enjoy the challenges associated with academic work, I am most enthusiastic about working with people, especially youth who desire to improve their lives. I am committed to helping others achieve their potential through the use of evidence-based interventions.
Comments on AVW:
AVW is an ideal setting for motivating youth to identify their strengths, see their potential, confront their problems, and accept responsibility for their lives.